Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Blinking Light

Hello, I have a Apple TV model A1842 and all of a sudden it has stopped working.

When I try to turn it on there is a black screen and the little light just consistently flashes.

I have tried all the 'hold this button down' and 'remove power for 30 minutes' but nothing seems to work.

The only time I have got it to do something in the last month was holding down the menu button but the screen just came up with Recovery Mode in which I chose to reset the Apple TV. Although next time I turned it on it reverted back to the black screen and flashing light.

Is there anything else that I should try? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 8:13 AM

As you have witnessed it is recovery mode, which means it needs to be restored. You have the 4K model, which requires an Apple tech to do the restore so you will need to take it in.

1 reply

Apple TV - Blinking Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.