Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted hard disks on 2017 MacBook Air

I had upgraded from macOS Catalina to Big Sur....and wanted to go back to Catalina. Went into disk utility and tried to recover with Time Machine. did not work so deleted disks. Did Internet OS reinstall which installed the original High Sierra OS that my MacBook shipped with. Went into disk utility again and saw the disk names had changed. Now showing one disk as : Macintosh HD-Data and the other as Update ?

High Sierra appears to be running ok, but now continually getting pop up message : Incompatable Disk this disk uses features that are not supported by this version of macOS. !!!! how can I revert back to the original disks that the Mac was shipped with ??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:06 AM

Follow these directions from Apple. Adapt it to what you want to achieve regarding what version of macOS wanted. Be sure to open all links in Safari ONLY. Does not work with FF or Chrome.

Similar questions

3 replies

Accidentally deleted hard disks on 2017 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.