Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Window will not close.

Whenever I open Safari, my chosen homepage opens. However, sitting in another window is a second website that I cannot close. I have tried multiple steps to stop this page from opening but to no avail. I spent at least 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support yesterday. We could not solve this. Also, the technician said he no longer had the ability to view my screen remotely. He scheduled a second consultation for today at 11am EST with a tier 2 technician. it is now 1:15 PM EST and no call has come. Below is an image that might help. The small image to the left of the "Recovered Messages" bar is the site that will not close or ever go away.

If I choose to show the tab overview you can see the unwanted website on the left (cafe delites) There is no option just to close it. Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:26 PM

Hey there Minkcove,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues closing a tab. We're happy to provide some assistance.

It looks like you're referring to a pinned website. Take a look here under the "Unpin a website" section for information on how to close it:

Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Minkcove

Hey there Minkcove,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues closing a tab. We're happy to provide some assistance.

It looks like you're referring to a pinned website. Take a look here under the "Unpin a website" section for information on how to close it:

Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Safari Window will not close.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.