Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar saying you have virus

Has anyone gotten a message from the calendar app on iPhone saying you have a virus and your phone battery is going to explode if you don’t delete the virus? I keep getting this notification from my calendar app m my phone so I deleted the app and it’s still sending me notifications with the same thing.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:32 PM

Hi Scarlettrose80,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're seeing an issue with an alert from your calendar stating your device has a virus. We are happy to provide some information to help.

To start, we want to assure you that the iOS has built in security features and it's highly unlikely that your device has a virus. Typically when these alerts are coming from the calendar, it's due to spam on your Calendar. See how to remove that here: Remove spam from Calendar on your iPhone

Also check in Settings > Calendar > Accounts and see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 3:32 PM in response to Scarlettrose80

Hi Scarlettrose80,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're seeing an issue with an alert from your calendar stating your device has a virus. We are happy to provide some information to help.

To start, we want to assure you that the iOS has built in security features and it's highly unlikely that your device has a virus. Typically when these alerts are coming from the calendar, it's due to spam on your Calendar. See how to remove that here: Remove spam from Calendar on your iPhone

Also check in Settings > Calendar > Accounts and see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

Thanks.

Calendar saying you have virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.