Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I enter a cell phone number for an apple phone and see it displayed on GPS

my son lost his apple cell phone, can he enter his number and see it's location displayed on GPS

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 6:50 PM

See the following from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

If he has an idea where it was misplaced (e.g., in a house) try calling it from another phone and listen for the ring.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 6:50 PM in response to crutz1227

See the following from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

If he has an idea where it was misplaced (e.g., in a house) try calling it from another phone and listen for the ring.

can I enter a cell phone number for an apple phone and see it displayed on GPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.