Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RICOH Aficio MP C2500 - Printer Not Working on My MacBook Pro 16" - 2019

I have spent hours and hours over the past week trying to print to the RICOH Aficio MP C2500 at work from my new MacBook Pro... with macOS Big Sur without any luck. The most I've been able to print is blank pages and a bunch of garbage.

Please help me out ? Please Please

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 5:19 PM

Hi,

If applicable, have you tried a (built-in macOS) generic PostScript driver? Also, you may want to have a look at the Ricoh support and downloads page for this printer. There is a printer driver (PPD installer) Ver.3.7.0.0 for macOS 11 Big Sur (and other versions) that apparently is intended for use with a generic PS driver.

Otherwise, a generic PCL driver?

How is the printer connected? USB or Ethernet? Wi-Fi (optional)?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 5:19 PM in response to syedalifaraz

Hi,

If applicable, have you tried a (built-in macOS) generic PostScript driver? Also, you may want to have a look at the Ricoh support and downloads page for this printer. There is a printer driver (PPD installer) Ver.3.7.0.0 for macOS 11 Big Sur (and other versions) that apparently is intended for use with a generic PS driver.

Otherwise, a generic PCL driver?

How is the printer connected? USB or Ethernet? Wi-Fi (optional)?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 11, 2020 3:39 PM in response to syedalifaraz

Thank you for the information.

As far as I can see, the MP C2500 does not appear to be a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology, so some kind of printer driver will be needed.

PostScript is mentioned in the MP C2500 specifications (optional?). You may want to check whether your printer can use PostScript.

The download, was that the aforementioned 3.7.0.0 driver (PPD installer)? Any special instructions about PPD installation with the download?

Would it be correct to assume that a Wi-Fi router is used? You said that the printer is connected through Wi-Fi. Does this mean that the connection from the printer to the Wi-Fi router is wireless, or does it mean that the printer is wired (Ethernet) to one of the LAN ports of this router? In both cases, you should be able to print wirelessly from the computer. Is the connection to the printer OK?

Regarding how to add a printer, see the Add a printer on Mac article above (if necessary, see the Add a network printer by its IP address section for details). Do you see anything related to your printer, or any generic drivers, in the Use: field in the Add window?

Dec 12, 2020 10:25 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks for your help refer my problem, kindly assist me as per below remarks

Would it be correct to assume that a Wi-Fi router is used? You said that the printer is connected through Wi-Fi. Does this mean that the connection from the printer to the Wi-Fi router is wireless, or does it mean that the printer is wired (Ethernet) to one of the LAN ports of this router? In both cases, you should be able to print wirelessly from the computer. Is the connection to the printer OK? ........ The Richo MP C2500 connected through Ethernet and the my MacBook is connected wireless with the same Network.

Regarding how to add a printer, see the Add a printer on Mac article above (if necessary, see the Add a network printer by its IP address section for details). Do you see anything related to your printer, or any generic drivers, in the Use: field in the Add window? -------- I tried everything....... can some one walk me through and I can pay them if ???

Dec 13, 2020 10:15 AM in response to syedalifaraz

At this point, it would be important to determine whether or not your printer actually is capable of using PostScript (which may have have been optional for the MP C2500, https://www.ricoh-usa.com/~/media/Ricoh/Common/PDFs/Brochures/Aficiompc2500.pdf).

If the printer cannot handle PostScript, it is quite possible that the downloaded driver/PPD installer is going to be of no use (since it seems to be intended to work with a generic PS driver, somehow). Instead, in that case, you would have to look for and try an appropriate (generic or special) PCL driver.

RICOH Aficio MP C2500 - Printer Not Working on My MacBook Pro 16" - 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.