Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory

How do I use the memory on my phone when my iCloud is full because I got 128gb and I got a lot of memory left ?

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:29 AM

What is it that you are trying to do when you get this iCloud storage warning? iCloud is a syncing service, and unless you have purchased additional storage, you only get 5GB. It is used for photos, backups, etc. You cannot use the storage on the iPhone for backups, and when using iCloud photos, it uses storage in both places. The photos reside in iCloud to be synced across devices, but they are also on your iPhone, using storage there.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 7:29 AM in response to Marcel1170_

What is it that you are trying to do when you get this iCloud storage warning? iCloud is a syncing service, and unless you have purchased additional storage, you only get 5GB. It is used for photos, backups, etc. You cannot use the storage on the iPhone for backups, and when using iCloud photos, it uses storage in both places. The photos reside in iCloud to be synced across devices, but they are also on your iPhone, using storage there.

Dec 10, 2020 4:27 PM in response to Marcel1170_

iCloud storage is not the same as storage on your phone.

iCloud storage is separate, it’s used to store the information on your device in the cloud - so if you were to ever get a new device you can simply sign into your Apple ID and all of your information will download automatically.

By default you get 5GB of iCloud storage, if you run out you will need to purchase more. You can get 50GB for 99 cents a month which is enough for most people.

Memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.