Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning keyboard

I have multiple keys that are repeating or skipping, sometimes (my "e" right now) doing both at diffeerent times.

In this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251399418 someone asked how to open the Mac to clean it, and the Apple Recommeended answer is the utterly useless "Don't open the Mac. It wouldn't help anyway."

Seriously? How on earth would opening it "not help" with cleaning?

Could theey not at least link to how to arrange for Apple to do it?

So what am I supposed to do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 5:52 PM

Please refer to How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro. Even though your MacBook Air is not one of them, the same principles apply.

How on earth would opening it "not help" with cleaning?

The reason is that opening a Mac's case does not expose any part of its keyboard.

The link is at the upper right of this webpage: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 5:52 PM in response to ePatientDave

Please refer to How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro. Even though your MacBook Air is not one of them, the same principles apply.

How on earth would opening it "not help" with cleaning?

The reason is that opening a Mac's case does not expose any part of its keyboard.

The link is at the upper right of this webpage: Get Support

Cleaning keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.