Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App - Verification Failed

Hi

I don’t know if I picked the right spot to ask but this was where I found “Apple TV App” so I will try here.

I purchased a smart TV for a guest bedroom and got it because it said it came with the Apple TV app. I added the channel and when I try to login with my Apple ID, it says “Verification Failed. There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again.”

Waiting doesn’t work, removing the channel and reinstalling doesn’t work. I am using the correct ID and password.

It’s just a cheap Sharp + Roku Smart TV but I was hoping to be able to access my library of movies and TV on it. Thanks.

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:17 AM

Verify the region (country), time, and time zone settings for the TV. Reasonably accurate time is needed for secure connections.

Another option is that your home network may be blocking (part of) the communication.

Also see if any of these steps apply: If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:17 AM in response to SkippedParts

Verify the region (country), time, and time zone settings for the TV. Reasonably accurate time is needed for secure connections.

Another option is that your home network may be blocking (part of) the communication.

Also see if any of these steps apply: If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps - Apple Support

Dec 29, 2020 10:52 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Many conversations about this online. The only way we will get it fixed is to flood Apple and Roku with support cases.

You'll need to call Apple (don't bother with chat) and then repeat over and over that your issue is the Apple TV app on Roku. You will get offered issues with your Apple ID (this isn't that) and with the Apple TV device (this isn't that). Just keep repeating "Apple TV app on Roku" until you get to someone who knows what a Roku is. Don't hang up until you talk to a "senior advisor" who asks for pictures of the error and the About screen of your Roku.

contact phone numbers for Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Apple TV App - Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.