Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV + HomePod + Airflow = no more sounds thru Homepod

Hi,

It's the 12/10/2020, late night, and I discover that I can not get the sound on my HomePod when I stream a movie to Apple TV.

Just maybe a week ago, I was able to play a movie from my iMac to Apple TV (where I have a homepod connected) and I was able to enjoy a movie with a good sound (thur the HomePod)

But tonight, I discovered that the menu Settings/Audio has changed and there is no more the option to choose where I want to sound be played.

I checked on my iPhone and Home App. And yes I can see the airplay logo on Apple TV section. But ONLY if I play Netflix of Prime.

So if I play a movie with Airflow, I can not have the sounds on the HomePod, but only from my TV. Which is; obviously less good.

It doesn't work anymore with a third party.

Why is that ???

Why Apple did block this feature ?

Do I have to downgrade my Apple TV and block any upgrade to be able to enjoy what I want to watch as I want ???

iMac version : 10.15.7 (not yet ready to move to the next version. Security issue)

iPhone : 14.2.1

Apple TV : 14.2

Thank you for your assistance

Alex

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 2:04 PM

Problem solved.

Apple has changed the AUDIO menu. It's not anymore on the SETTINGS (on Apple TV), but on the top menu on the screen.

When you tap one time on the tactile part of the remote control and then slide down. You will see audio and then choose the output you would like.

Also, you will have to wait for the new version of Airflow. I did the beta test, and it works perfectly

Case Closed

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 2:04 PM in response to Beaune21

Problem solved.

Apple has changed the AUDIO menu. It's not anymore on the SETTINGS (on Apple TV), but on the top menu on the screen.

When you tap one time on the tactile part of the remote control and then slide down. You will see audio and then choose the output you would like.

Also, you will have to wait for the new version of Airflow. I did the beta test, and it works perfectly

Case Closed

AppleTV + HomePod + Airflow = no more sounds thru Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.