Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old mac update

Trying to update my computer via system preferences, system updates. However only get a message saying my mac has no updates available. I am currently running 10.10.5 operating system and need 10.12 to run my new purchased printer software. Is it possible to update this mac

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 4:44 AM

You can update a Yosemite system on a MacBook Pro well beyond 10.10, but it depends on the model. For example, you can upgrade to 10.13.6 High Sierra, as long as your MacBook Pro is mid 2010 or later - you have not stated the age of your Mac. The updates you have been looking at report only the status of your Yosemite system and not upgrades beyond it.

You can obtain the Sierra installer or the link to superior systems such as the High Sierra App store download from the link in the support page here (but use Safari).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 4:44 AM in response to owensmithkyle

You can update a Yosemite system on a MacBook Pro well beyond 10.10, but it depends on the model. For example, you can upgrade to 10.13.6 High Sierra, as long as your MacBook Pro is mid 2010 or later - you have not stated the age of your Mac. The updates you have been looking at report only the status of your Yosemite system and not upgrades beyond it.

You can obtain the Sierra installer or the link to superior systems such as the High Sierra App store download from the link in the support page here (but use Safari).

Old mac update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.