Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with selected Desktop color-v-Mojave background

I'm on an old Mac Pro and working in Mojave, which is fine, but for one problem: I can switch the Desktop color from the Mojave sand dunes and mountains to one of my choice, and it lasts about a week, then goes back to the sand dunes. My reason for preferring my color choice is contrast. I can see all the desktop folders and files easier against a solid medium-blue BG than I can against the Mojave image. What do I need to do to keep my color choice on the desktop?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:44 PM

Could be corrupt system prefs. Go to the location below and trash 'com.apple.systempreferences.plist'. Restart.

~/Library/Preferences

To get to your user library folder from the Finder just hold down the option key while clicking on the Go pull-down menu.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problem with selected Desktop color-v-Mojave background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.