Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit workouts

Ok there's some info out there for editing workouts but everything seems to have changed with the latest updates. Adding, deleting or editing workouts should be a very simple and intuitive with an apple product. I switched from Fitbit to the Apple Watch Series 3 about a year ago since everything I own is apple and I figured this would be a great addition... Well, I have to say not impressed with the fitness functions which I was hoping would be better. If I'm missing something someone please point me in the right direction, I really want to love this watch, but not being able to work with my fitness data could be a deal breaker... Thanks for any help!

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:29 PM

I forgot to start the watch and went into the health app and added it, then realized the workout app I used added it to my workouts so was trying to delete it but when looking at it on my phone in the health app it lumped them together. Also I've forgot to start the watch or end a workout and have tried to edit a workout and can't figure that out either...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:29 PM in response to Randy-12

I forgot to start the watch and went into the health app and added it, then realized the workout app I used added it to my workouts so was trying to delete it but when looking at it on my phone in the health app it lumped them together. Also I've forgot to start the watch or end a workout and have tried to edit a workout and can't figure that out either...

Dec 11, 2020 12:41 PM in response to gersh10

You can delete a workout from the health app or the fitness app.

Though you can not modify either.

You can't add a workout in the fitness app, but you can in the heath app.

To add in the health app.

Open the app

Open the workouts

Tap Add Data

modify your data, tap add

To delete in the health app.

Open the app

Open the workouts

scroll down and tap "Show All Data"

Tap Edit

Then tap the - beside the workout you want to delete

In the fitness app

On the line that says "workouts" on the right of that it shows "Show More" tap this

find the workout you want to delete and swipe left on it, then tap delete

modify your data, tap add

How to edit workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.