Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 won't connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi

Every phone in my home except iPhone 12 can connect to 5ghz wi-fi with no trouble but my 12 having some trouble. I restarted, backed up my phone with iTunes, but no good. Sometimes, it can connect to 5ghz wi-fi, but few minutes later, it becomes harder and harder to even surfing on the internet. 2.4Ghz is good, has no problem. Also the problem occurs when I'm in my room, which is 5 meters to the router. I'm repeating, the other phones, including my old iPhone 6S Plus can connect to 5GHz wifi from my room. Any help?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:55 AM

Hello ardisquo.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to connect to your home Wi-Fi network’s 5GHz band. We’re happy to help.

Let’s try the steps here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

We also recommend the steps here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 11:55 AM in response to ardisquo

Hello ardisquo.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to connect to your home Wi-Fi network’s 5GHz band. We’re happy to help.

Let’s try the steps here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

We also recommend the steps here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.