Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xbox or similar controller for Apple TV and Apple Arcade

I was searching for a compatible and supported controller that is currently being sold for use of basic children's Apple Arcade games that we can play through our Series 3 Apple TV (hopefully will upgrade with the next Apple TV update)... Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 8:34 AM

Apple Arcade on Apple TV requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 13 or later.

These are the currently compatible controllers: Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device - Apple Support

I got the ‘1708’ a while back, and that works fine, although I’m still getting used to operating a controller instead of a keyboard (never really played Xbox). There were two later Xbox Wireless Controller models (1797 and 1914); the 1914 isn’t compatible yet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 8:34 AM in response to chachat

Apple Arcade on Apple TV requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 13 or later.

These are the currently compatible controllers: Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device - Apple Support

I got the ‘1708’ a while back, and that works fine, although I’m still getting used to operating a controller instead of a keyboard (never really played Xbox). There were two later Xbox Wireless Controller models (1797 and 1914); the 1914 isn’t compatible yet.

Xbox or similar controller for Apple TV and Apple Arcade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.