Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the macbook air m1 support arduino

does the macbook air m1 support arduino UNO. will there be any problems

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:56 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2020 11:19 AM in response to nethmi1

Hi nethmi1,

Thanks for posting! We see you have a question about whether Arduino Uno is supported on Mac computers with the M1 chip. That's a great question, and we're happy to see if we can get you pointed in the right direction.

For the best answer regarding compatibility of third-party products, your best bet is to get in touch with the manufacturer. This link may help in doing so: Store support | Arduono

Best wishes.

Jan 14, 2021 9:35 AM in response to nethmi1

I had the same question and I did a bunch of research. There is not a native M! software yet, but the legacy Intel version reportedly works under Rosetta 2. It seems there is issues with recognizing some Arduino type boards, but the native Arduino boards are reported to work. There are some software loading issues reported too. Most of those are with loading libraries and a few other things, but people on the Arduino and other sites are reporting an initial level of success. I am hesitant to take the plunge for the M1 because of these challenges. I may actually jump over to Windows for the Arduino since I have a few older medium-low end Win10 PC's at my disposal until the M1 software conversions reach critical mass for fully supporting Arduino, Raspberri Pi, Repatier (for 3D Printing), and native support for TurboCad Mac Pro. But that is today. Tomorrow I may change my mind and bite the bullet for a MBPro version (like the extra battery other little goodies). :)

Hope this helps you. Since your post is a bit over a month old, if you have additional info I don't have here, I would like to hear what you found. This was a bold move on Apple's part and the most promising thing I see is that Microsoft Office is fully ported to native M1. That says a lot to me that Microsoft invested that much to keep their hold on the business world.

does the macbook air m1 support arduino

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.