Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal that apple supports recommends you to ask old credit card details to your bank?

Big surprise, I forgot my impossible Apple ID password and apple decided to lock me out of my account after trying too many times. For already a month I'm trying to recover my AppleID, sadly unsuccessful. When you contact support, they advise me to go to my bank to ask my credit card details of a card of years ago (it doesn't exist anymore).

And without it I just get back to the "we'll send you an update soon", which then will tell me to wait another two weeks and then go silent so I can contact the support again to guide me through the same circle.

It's also odd they ask for such an old credit card while I had during the last year a new credit card attached to my phone for Apple Pay (my old iphone se died and I bridged 2 months until the iphone 12 mini was out, so I plea guilty of not logging into my apple ID for 2 months).

Anyways, what I would like to know: is it likely that I will eventually get access again to my old Apple ID? Or is it likely that I'll never get it back?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:51 PM

You should regain access to the ID if Apple can verify it is actually your ID.

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:51 PM in response to brecht163

You should regain access to the ID if Apple can verify it is actually your ID.

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

Is it normal that apple supports recommends you to ask old credit card details to your bank?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.