Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there someplace to report a scam phone call from an 800 number

Got an 800 number call about my Icloud being hacked overseas, I know it's a scam but where do you report this?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 1:10 PM

See the following from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

Note that the phone number shown for scam calls and marketing calls is frequently spoofed and not the number actually originating the call. I'm not aware of a way to get a real number to report and not sure it would help much anyway.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 1:10 PM in response to redbarnrick

See the following from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

Note that the phone number shown for scam calls and marketing calls is frequently spoofed and not the number actually originating the call. I'm not aware of a way to get a real number to report and not sure it would help much anyway.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Is there someplace to report a scam phone call from an 800 number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.