Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth code

I use a bluetooth enabled piece of medical equipment via parallels. Prior to my upgrade to Big Sur there were no issues. Now when I try to connect the device a Big Sur message shows up saying there is a connection request from my device requesting a passcode. This is not a passcode enabled device. There isn't a way to even enter a code on the device if I had the mac generate a code. I use this equipment for work. No connection=no work. Help! :...(

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 2:43 PM

Hello jillb1966,

It sounds as though your Mac is asking you to enter a passcode associated to your Bluetooth device. There are times where Bluetooth devices may have a default passcode similar to 0000 for example. These passcodes can be found in the owners manual of the device, or you may have to consult the device manufacturer for additional support on how to retrieve that passcode.

If the prompt is indicating that the device is requesting a passcode it could lead to contacting the device manufacturer. Before it leads there are you able to successfully connect the device to a different product such as another computer?

Have a great day.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 2:43 PM in response to jillb1966

Hello jillb1966,

It sounds as though your Mac is asking you to enter a passcode associated to your Bluetooth device. There are times where Bluetooth devices may have a default passcode similar to 0000 for example. These passcodes can be found in the owners manual of the device, or you may have to consult the device manufacturer for additional support on how to retrieve that passcode.

If the prompt is indicating that the device is requesting a passcode it could lead to contacting the device manufacturer. Before it leads there are you able to successfully connect the device to a different product such as another computer?

Have a great day.

Dec 15, 2020 4:23 PM in response to MoonJ.

I had to buy a windows based laptop on Sunday in order to be able to use my equipment and continue working. I’ve talked to the manufacturing company and there is no “hidden” default passcode. No 0000 or anything of that sort. I downloaded the Big Sur update that was released today and it did not help. This is something between Parallels and Big Sur. I also have a case with Parallels but have not gotten a reply as of yet. I have 3 months to be able to return the windows laptop. I’ve got my fingers crossed that someone will be able to figure this out. I’m bummed I had to buy an additional laptop.

Dec 16, 2020 6:05 AM in response to jillb1966

Hello jillb1966,

We're glad you had the opportunity to confirm that there isn't a default code. If you exit or close Parallels, and use macOS only do you continue to have issues? If not, and the issue is only when Parallels is in use it's recommended to reach out to the developer of Parallels for the best support. If the issue happens both when Parallels is in use or not in use, you'll want to reach out to Apple via the Get Support website for additional assistance.

Take care!

bluetooth code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.