Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won’t rotate

How to get my iPhone 7 screen to rotate

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 3:33 PM

The easiest answer is to just turn the iPhone. What will prevent it from happening is if you have the Rotation Lock set to ON. Check for this setting in the control center. SWIPE UP from the bottom and reveal the control center. Ensure that the Screen Rotation Lock button is NOT highlighted.

One other thing that you should note is that the iPhone is not going to rotate everything that is displayed on the screen every single time. What rotates and what does not rotate is decided by the app that is in use.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 3:33 PM in response to lawson999

The easiest answer is to just turn the iPhone. What will prevent it from happening is if you have the Rotation Lock set to ON. Check for this setting in the control center. SWIPE UP from the bottom and reveal the control center. Ensure that the Screen Rotation Lock button is NOT highlighted.

One other thing that you should note is that the iPhone is not going to rotate everything that is displayed on the screen every single time. What rotates and what does not rotate is decided by the app that is in use.

Axel F.

My iPhone won’t rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.