Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download FCP from Apple store

Paid for FCP, after 9 days and a few calls I got the licence agreement email.

I am trying to follow different advices but they are always like a CIA code. Not for someone over 50.

Can some one help with a step by step instruction 'How to download my software from Apple store"?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 1:21 AM

As Tom asked, it will help you tell us how you bought it, but I assume you got a "redemption code".

All you need to do is:

a) Open the App Store application

b) Make sure that you are logged in with your Apple id

c) Click your account at the bottom left of the window (if you are in Mojave (10.14) or later; if not, please tell us exactly what version of macOS you have):

d) Click "Redeem Gift Card" (yes, I know, it is not a gift card in this case, but that is how it is written)

Insert your Apple id and password if requested, and enter the code you received.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 1:21 AM in response to atikiraly

As Tom asked, it will help you tell us how you bought it, but I assume you got a "redemption code".

All you need to do is:

a) Open the App Store application

b) Make sure that you are logged in with your Apple id

c) Click your account at the bottom left of the window (if you are in Mojave (10.14) or later; if not, please tell us exactly what version of macOS you have):

d) Click "Redeem Gift Card" (yes, I know, it is not a gift card in this case, but that is how it is written)

Insert your Apple id and password if requested, and enter the code you received.

Dec 11, 2020 4:11 PM in response to atikiraly

Could you explain a little more about what you did that’s encompassed in “Paid for FCP?” Normally you purchase the application by clicking on the Buy button in the App Store. I guess this isn’t what you did. Did you buy it as a bundle? From where? If you Purchased it from somewhere other than the App Store you should get an email that includes a redemption code. In the App Store you click on Redeem and enter the code.

Download FCP from Apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.