Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery service recommended even I only used 216 cycles so far

Hello! My Macbook Pro 2017 says that Cycle Count: 216, Condition: Service Recommended.

This makes me confusing because my Mac even did not reached to 1/4 of total 1000 cycles as stated.

What may be a reason for this problem? And is there anything I can do to fix it? Because my location is far from any Apple store, so I hope I can do something before I really need to go there. Thank you so much!

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 6:21 PM

No one will be able to say why especially since we cannot see it. So, the prudent thing to do is to contact Apple or an authorized service provider and have the battery checked - it may need to be replaced. In the meantime, check the bottom of your device carefully for any unevenness - that could mean that the battery is swelling. If that is it, turn it off and do not use it as it can cause damage to other parts.

And, before doing all that, make sure you make a full backup - just in case.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 6:21 PM in response to Ellen411

No one will be able to say why especially since we cannot see it. So, the prudent thing to do is to contact Apple or an authorized service provider and have the battery checked - it may need to be replaced. In the meantime, check the bottom of your device carefully for any unevenness - that could mean that the battery is swelling. If that is it, turn it off and do not use it as it can cause damage to other parts.

And, before doing all that, make sure you make a full backup - just in case.

Battery service recommended even I only used 216 cycles so far

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.