Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Os big sur download problem

when instaling the update on my macbook air, and its done, i have no options but to restart the computer. when i do so it simply starts the update over again. anybody who have had the same problem and might be able to help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 7:54 AM

Disconnect any attached external drives >> Plugin to charger >> Shutdown by Power Button >> Restart and Immediately hold SHIFT key. This is Safe Mode and it will only load necessary software to boot-up / perform a Disk Repair / Clear System Caches. So be patient as it will take some time to load. Hopefully, it will allow the Upgrade to finish and install. One it boots, if you see a tri-colour Desktop with your Log-in Screen then it was successfully installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 7:54 AM in response to Jesper1006

Disconnect any attached external drives >> Plugin to charger >> Shutdown by Power Button >> Restart and Immediately hold SHIFT key. This is Safe Mode and it will only load necessary software to boot-up / perform a Disk Repair / Clear System Caches. So be patient as it will take some time to load. Hopefully, it will allow the Upgrade to finish and install. One it boots, if you see a tri-colour Desktop with your Log-in Screen then it was successfully installed.

Mac Os big sur download problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.