Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

on family sharing, how do you share contact list and apps?

How do I share contacts with family sharing?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 7:47 AM

Hi there,

So with family sharing there's a few ways you can do this but let's start with sharing apps.

Sharing apps ~ So if you have brought a app and want to share it in the family, on the other members device open the App Store and head to the profile picture in the top right, from here click purchased and select the family member who has brought the app and find the app and then you should be able to download it.

Sharing contacts ~ As far as I am aware its really tough to share contacts all I could recommend is sharing each contact via AirDrop with the other devices, you could look into slightly more advanced options like creating a .ics file with all the contacts you'd like In and then share that one file to the device, open it and it would import all the contacts in the file but there's not really any native way.

Hope this helps, Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 7:47 AM in response to debp942

Hi there,

So with family sharing there's a few ways you can do this but let's start with sharing apps.

Sharing apps ~ So if you have brought a app and want to share it in the family, on the other members device open the App Store and head to the profile picture in the top right, from here click purchased and select the family member who has brought the app and find the app and then you should be able to download it.

Sharing contacts ~ As far as I am aware its really tough to share contacts all I could recommend is sharing each contact via AirDrop with the other devices, you could look into slightly more advanced options like creating a .ics file with all the contacts you'd like In and then share that one file to the device, open it and it would import all the contacts in the file but there's not really any native way.

Hope this helps, Thanks.

on family sharing, how do you share contact list and apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.