Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple forced software update

When Apple forces me to update my MacBook software it destroys my ability to function. I opened my MacBook to correct a malfunction on the online ordering system for my business. The MacBook wouldn’t open for me until I allowed a software update. I couldn’t do the update for 7 hours because it required me to be connected to a power source and I was out on the road. There was no option to download the new software at a more convenient time. Ridiculous. I’ve lost a lot of faith in Apple.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:36 AM

This is a user to user forum. Ranting is discouraged by the terms of use guidelines on the forum.

1. Go to the  Apple menu
  2. Click on App Store 
  3. Now click on Preferences 
  4. In this, is a box for Automatic Updates (if checked by default, uncheck the box to disable automatic updates)

Older Mac OS version this may be found under Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Software Update.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Cyclist232

This is a user to user forum. Ranting is discouraged by the terms of use guidelines on the forum.

1. Go to the  Apple menu
  2. Click on App Store 
  3. Now click on Preferences 
  4. In this, is a box for Automatic Updates (if checked by default, uncheck the box to disable automatic updates)

Older Mac OS version this may be found under Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Software Update.

Apple forced software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.