Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My left AirPod fits, but is a bit strange... (Not my post but nobody replied and I have the same problem)

My left airpod fits, but is a bit strange...

Hiya!

So, recently somebody pointed out to me that I was wearing my AirPods in a very strange way. They come out of my ear, but instead of pointing down, I positioned them at almost a 90 degree angle.

I put them into their correct downwards facing postition, but the left side felt very uncomfortable! I played my music, and I could not hear anything through my left AirPod. All I could really feel was a small amount of bass vibration coming through, so it definitely wasn’t broken.

I am very confused, because everyone else with AirPods doesn’t have this issue, and I couldn’t find anything like this online. Also, my right ear is fine, and I find that the sound was actually enhanced when I moved it.

Is this the AirPods, or is it my ears? Is there a way to listen to them normally??

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:36 AM

Apple attempted to provide a number of ear tips for their AirPods to work with most folks. However, it is always possible that none of those choices will work for everyone.

At this point, you have a number of choices:

1. Use a third-party ear tip.
  2. If you purchased your EarPods within the last 14 days, return them for a full refund.
  3. Try another brand of wireless ear buds.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 10:36 AM in response to weirdflexbutokay

Apple attempted to provide a number of ear tips for their AirPods to work with most folks. However, it is always possible that none of those choices will work for everyone.

At this point, you have a number of choices:

1. Use a third-party ear tip.
  2. If you purchased your EarPods within the last 14 days, return them for a full refund.
  3. Try another brand of wireless ear buds.

My left AirPod fits, but is a bit strange... (Not my post but nobody replied and I have the same problem)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.