Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I havent bought anything in iStore but was charged more than 200 euro from Ireland, where I have never been.. What are the possibilities?

I havent bought anything in iStore but was charged more than 200 euro from Ireland, where I have never been.. What are the possibilities?

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 2:14 PM

Are you certain you were actually charged anything? It's extremely common to get fake emails saying you've purchased something. The idea is to get you to login to a fake Apple site and give criminals personal information.

Telltale signs of a fake email:

1. Spelling and grammar reads as if the person who wrote it just started learning English last week.
  2. Says dear customer. Apple will use your real name.
  3. Has (usually) big links or buttons to validate/sign in/verify your account. Apple's purchase emails do not contain such links.

Check your charge card for purchases. If you see no such listing, it's fake.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 2:14 PM in response to LukasFl

Are you certain you were actually charged anything? It's extremely common to get fake emails saying you've purchased something. The idea is to get you to login to a fake Apple site and give criminals personal information.

Telltale signs of a fake email:

1. Spelling and grammar reads as if the person who wrote it just started learning English last week.
  2. Says dear customer. Apple will use your real name.
  3. Has (usually) big links or buttons to validate/sign in/verify your account. Apple's purchase emails do not contain such links.

Check your charge card for purchases. If you see no such listing, it's fake.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.