Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching Photos Libraries

The Apple support website says to quit Photos and reopen while holding the option key to allow for selecting another library. Despite holding the option key down while opening Photos, I do not get that library dialog and cannot switch libraries.

Suggestions?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 8:08 PM

I have been holding the option key while opening Photos. I'm getting unexpected behavior - that Choose Library dialog doesn't come up.

I've tracked down the issue - it's my Logitech K750 keyboard. A hard-wired keyboard does give me the dialog. Probably a driver issue is preventing the option key from working on that keyboard.

Thanks for the reply!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 8:08 PM in response to Eau Rouge

I have been holding the option key while opening Photos. I'm getting unexpected behavior - that Choose Library dialog doesn't come up.

I've tracked down the issue - it's my Logitech K750 keyboard. A hard-wired keyboard does give me the dialog. Probably a driver issue is preventing the option key from working on that keyboard.

Thanks for the reply!

Switching Photos Libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.