Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro losing activation

After purchasing a new iPhone 12 Pro directly through Verizon and having them activate it, it worked great for about 30 days or so, including some 5G areas while traveling. Then it started saying the phone is not activated, especially in weak tower signal areas. I brought it into the Verizon store and they put in a new 5G SIM card. That worked for about 12 hours then the no activation message popped up again. They even got me a replacement iPhone 12 pro with a new SIM card and it had the same problem within 24 hours, so I went back to the original iPhone 12 Pro.

I have been on the phone with both Verizon and Apple tech support for a total of 14-15 hours. Verizon tier 2 support said that their network group would be calling me within 24-48 hours. That was 2 weeks ago and I am still awaiting that call.

I went into a different Verizon store in another city and although they were very friendly and courteous, they said there was nothing else they could and I would have to get with their network group (still waiting on that one).

I have tried EVERYTHING that was recommended to me and still have the same issue. My quickest fix is to turn on Airplane mode for a few seconds then back off. I am seriously considering going back to my old iPhone 8+ And ask for my money back until someone fixes the problem.

This has been the most frustrating iPhone experience I’ve ever deal with.

iPhone

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 6:40 AM

1 reply

iPhone 12 Pro losing activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.