Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 doesn’t detect magsafe case, is MagSafe broken in my phone?

I bought a MagSafe case from apple and when I put my iPhone 12 in it the animation doesn’t play in the screen, like if the phone didn’t detect the case (already tried again 2 times). Does this mean my phone could have problems using other MagSafe accessories like the charger?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 11:46 AM

7 replies

Dec 16, 2020 6:38 PM in response to lu_rawl

Hello lu_rawl,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We know how important it is to be able to use your iPhone 12 MagSafe case. To be sure we're on the same page, you're not seeing any animation appear on the screen when you place the iPhone in the case.

If this is correct, and if this happens to be an iPhone 12 Leather Sleeve with MagSafe, be sure that you have installed the latest updates to iOS 14. This article will help you to ensure that you have a backup of your iPhone data before updating. Having a backup of your data is like having an insurance policy, you don’t plan on using it, but it’s great to have if you need it: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Once backed up, you'll want to install any updates. This article provides the steps to follow to update wirelessly as well as how to update using a computer: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you find that there is still no animation on the screen following any updates, you can Contact Apple Support for more assistance.

All the best.

iphone 12 doesn’t detect magsafe case, is MagSafe broken in my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.