Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wish to copy a video from home movies to external drive

I need to copy to external drive, then delete a video from home movies in TV Apple. How? I am very new to IOS

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:59 AM

Hi LittleDave45,

We’re glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Before we part ways, we want to make sure we have addressed all your concerns. Let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Enjoy your day!

4 replies

Dec 16, 2020 7:34 PM in response to LittleDave45

Hello LittleDave45,

We'd love to assist you with getting the movie transferred to your external drive. First, can you tell us which app was used to make the movie? If the video is one that was made with the device camera, then you can use the steps listed here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to transfer the video to a computer, then sync it to the external drive.

Best regards

Dec 17, 2020 1:16 AM in response to judysings

Hi Judysings, thank you for your response to my query.

In the time that has elapsed since posting my question I have succeeded in the the task of transferring my home videos from my IPad to an external storage drive. Initially it seemed like Apple didn't allow me to do what I needed to do. My IPad was running out of space for further files. Hence the need to delete the videos on my IPad after storing them on an external drive. My holiday videos were on DVDs, which I managed to load on to the IPad, (using laptop & ITunes). This allowed me to show my wife, who has Alzheimer's & is in a care home, the videos of our holidays. This in turn helped reignite memories for her. So job done, & IPad no longer complaining of lack of storage!

Thanks again for willingness to help a 75yr. old Android user, grasp the fundamentals of IOS.

Dave, (littledave).

I wish to copy a video from home movies to external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.