Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View two-page spreads

Does Apple have something comparable to Microsoft Publishing that will allow me to view my book from my publisher in two-page spreads?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 1:31 PM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2020 3:08 PM in response to mothtears

If that book is a Word document, or PDF, but not an MS Publisher document, you can open it in Apple's Preview (Applications folder), and then set Preview to 2 Page view per the following:

Apple's free Pages application can open (translate) Word documents, though the translation process may not present to you exactly what the publisher sees if they are using MS Word, or MS Publisher. Pages does not open PDF documents.

Word documents opened in Pages can be viewed as facing pages/two pages up. You would click the Documents name on the toolbar and select Facing pages in that panel. Then from the Pages toolbar, click the zoom tool and change from 100% to Two Pages. Pages cannot open PDF documents.

View two-page spreads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.