Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i plug in my ipod nano to my computer and nothing shows up to sync in my itunes

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 3:16 PM

6 replies

Dec 19, 2020 4:01 PM in response to Strady1

Strady1,

If you are using iTunes on a Windows PC, you may be able to remove the current version of iTunes and reinstall an older version of iTunes that will work with your iPod shuffle.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Choose iTunes from the list of products and then choose the previous version of iTunes you were using from the list of downloads:

Apple - Support - Downloads

Regards.

Dec 23, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Strady1

Strady1,

Installing an older version of iTunes may not give you all of the same features offered in the most recent version of iTunes. Depending on the version of iTunes you install, your music should still be available in your iTunes music library and if you are subscribed to Apple Music you should still be able to sign in to have access to your music.

Take Care.

Dec 27, 2020 6:13 PM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I understand that :) I just think it is pretty crappy of Apple to not make the Nano work anymore with the new version. So in other words I will have to either download the old version of iTunes just so I can keep using my Nano for running or I will have to buy a brand new iPod or whatever just so I can download new music off of my computer. I purchased this iPod Nano from Walmart probably 2 or 3 years ago brand new. So frustrating. Anyway, I truly appreciate your help with everything :)

Take care,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.