Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar less responsive on Big Sur

I recently upgraded to Big Sur and now the Touch Bar on my 16in MBP sees slow and non responsive. I can usually get it to just things like volume but it sees like I have to double tap or press harder.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 4:02 PM

-bobdob- Said:

"Touch Bar less responsive on Big Sur I recently upgraded to Big Sur and now the Touch Bar on my 16in MBP sees slow and non responsive. I can usually get it to just things like volume but it sees like I have to double tap or press harder."

-------

Uninstall Security Software:

Any Security Software installed? If so, uninstall it. Use the uninstaller to do so. Contact the developer for the correct method of removal. Its privacy settings are probably disallowing it to be accessed.

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for the touchpad) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

Try Safe Mode:

[Hold Down command key + R key] simultaneously upon boot. In Safe Mode, corrupted system setting files (caches), are intentionally fixed.

1. Boot: in Safe Mode
  2. Log In: as Same User
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Shut Down: the Mac
  5. Wait: 30 seconds
  6. Boot: the Mac normally
  7. Log In: as Same User
  8. See if can get this to work
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 4:02 PM in response to -bobdob-

-bobdob- Said:

"Touch Bar less responsive on Big Sur I recently upgraded to Big Sur and now the Touch Bar on my 16in MBP sees slow and non responsive. I can usually get it to just things like volume but it sees like I have to double tap or press harder."

-------

Uninstall Security Software:

Any Security Software installed? If so, uninstall it. Use the uninstaller to do so. Contact the developer for the correct method of removal. Its privacy settings are probably disallowing it to be accessed.

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for the touchpad) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

Try Safe Mode:

[Hold Down command key + R key] simultaneously upon boot. In Safe Mode, corrupted system setting files (caches), are intentionally fixed.

1. Boot: in Safe Mode
  2. Log In: as Same User
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Shut Down: the Mac
  5. Wait: 30 seconds
  6. Boot: the Mac normally
  7. Log In: as Same User
  8. See if can get this to work

Touch Bar less responsive on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.