Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up 2 different iPhones to one computer

From my reading here, I understand that is fine to backup two different iPhones to the same computer. She has a iPhone 10 and I have a iPhone 11 but she now has a new 12 on order. She is very concerned that she might lose her pictures or music in the process. I prefer computer backups as compared to the cloud and I do not wish to mix our music between the phones so therefore I suppose that I shouldn't sync her phone to my iTunes. To my point, if we are going to back them up to the same computer, should I use her iTunes login for her phone and my login for my phone or does it make a difference? Any other advice would be welcomed.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 6:11 PM

I would defiantly use her iTunes login for her phone and your login for your phone. In fact, I would setup a separate Windows login account for her on the computer. I confess I have never tried to backup two iPhones with one computer. I don't think iTunes is really setup to do that. I would make sure you backup your iTunes library before you try this.

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Good Luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 6:11 PM in response to drgibson

I would defiantly use her iTunes login for her phone and your login for your phone. In fact, I would setup a separate Windows login account for her on the computer. I confess I have never tried to backup two iPhones with one computer. I don't think iTunes is really setup to do that. I would make sure you backup your iTunes library before you try this.

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Good Luck.

Backing up 2 different iPhones to one computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.