Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

face recognition screen lights up goes dark in a few seconds

Face recognition goes semi dark after a few seconds how can I make it stay on longer without touching scree every few seconds?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 7:41 AM

That is not the face recognition screen. You are talking about doing something on the iPhone screen. If you do not have Attention Awareness activated and are looking at the screen and are not actively doing something like typing, then the screen will dim and auto-lock based on your settings in Settings>Display & Brightness>Auto-Lock. If you wish for it to say bright longer, you need to increase the time period for Auto-Lock. I'm sorry I misunderstood your question since you said lock screen and a few seconds. That made it sound like you were trying to do something with the unlock screen. It was not very clear.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Giggles73

That is not the face recognition screen. You are talking about doing something on the iPhone screen. If you do not have Attention Awareness activated and are looking at the screen and are not actively doing something like typing, then the screen will dim and auto-lock based on your settings in Settings>Display & Brightness>Auto-Lock. If you wish for it to say bright longer, you need to increase the time period for Auto-Lock. I'm sorry I misunderstood your question since you said lock screen and a few seconds. That made it sound like you were trying to do something with the unlock screen. It was not very clear.

face recognition screen lights up goes dark in a few seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.