Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID - how to change the phone number

Hello. I want to change the phone number used for two-step verification with my Apple ID. I went to manage my Apple ID, but the only option is to ADD a new trusted phone number. However, there is no way to delete the number that I have and change it for a different one. How do I change my phone number associated with my Apple ID? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:17 AM

Hey RicMoli,

We see you're wanting to change your primary number for two-factor authentication. At least one trusted phone number has to be on the account. You should be able to add the number you want to use and then you can delete the other one. We suggest if possible having multiple trusted phone numbers and/or devices in case you do not have access to the primary one.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 10:17 AM in response to RicMoli

Hey RicMoli,

We see you're wanting to change your primary number for two-factor authentication. At least one trusted phone number has to be on the account. You should be able to add the number you want to use and then you can delete the other one. We suggest if possible having multiple trusted phone numbers and/or devices in case you do not have access to the primary one.

Take care.

Apple ID - how to change the phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.