Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update and upgrade

ok so i have a 2011 macbook pro {late}, and I'm trying to update the OS on it.

i have an 1TB SSD in it and currently running YOSEMITE 10.10.5, i need to update the OS in order

to eevn connect my phone to iTunes. I've tried to download 10.6 but it alerting me saying i need

OS X 10.6 to install which is very confusing and frustrating. i use my laptop to dj so there isn't a lot of

OS X that are compatible with serato. i tried calling apple but can't get in contact with anyone, the waiting list at the apple stores at the malls are ridiculous. this is my last resort. PLS HELP

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 1:13 PM

Hi macdj1,

We see that you're having difficulties upgrading your MacBook Pro (Late 2011) to a newer macOS than OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, and we're happy to help.

This article has the information on how to get the older macOS versions with system requirements: How to get old versions of macOS

It looks like the latest macOS version your MacBook Pro can get is macOS High Sierra.

Make sure to back up your Mac before upgrading: Back up your Mac

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 1:13 PM in response to macdj1

Hi macdj1,

We see that you're having difficulties upgrading your MacBook Pro (Late 2011) to a newer macOS than OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, and we're happy to help.

This article has the information on how to get the older macOS versions with system requirements: How to get old versions of macOS

It looks like the latest macOS version your MacBook Pro can get is macOS High Sierra.

Make sure to back up your Mac before upgrading: Back up your Mac

Have a great day!

update and upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.