Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine fails to back up

Time Machine fails to back up Errer.

The OS is on a Thunderbolt3 drive.

I tried all the things you should check like restarting the Mac checking for updatesI everything is up to date ,i have a Seagate 6 tb drive with four Partitions. are on there. I have tried other Partitions on there and another hard drive i have .And it still comes up with an errer failed to back up.

I also have another Thunderbolt3 drive with a different version of OS and the internal one both back up on the seagate drive .I have not tried backing up on those two partions.What is wrong is there something wrong with the thunder bolt drive or what?

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:23 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 17, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Blues-breaker

Hello Blues-breaker,

It sounds as though you're having issues backing up your Mac using Time Machine to an external hard drive. You can find great troubleshooting steps for this issue outlined in If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine. If the issue continues after those step it's recommended to contact Apple via the Get Support website.

Have a great day.

Time Machine fails to back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.