Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mirror selfie not working

I’ve switched on mirror front camera on my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.2.1) but it doesn’t work ( the image is not reversed). I’ve done a full reset but it’s made no difference. Any thoughts much appreciated.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 8:29 AM

Are you just looking at the screen to take the photo, or are you looking at the actual photo that you took? I did not have mirror turned on and took a photo. Then I turned mirror on and took a photo. It was easy for me to see since I have a shirt on that has something written on it. It worked just find for me. However, when lining up to take the photo, I cannot see a difference on the screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 8:29 AM in response to colinwg

Are you just looking at the screen to take the photo, or are you looking at the actual photo that you took? I did not have mirror turned on and took a photo. Then I turned mirror on and took a photo. It was easy for me to see since I have a shirt on that has something written on it. It worked just find for me. However, when lining up to take the photo, I cannot see a difference on the screen.

Dec 14, 2020 8:42 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Well, it’s just decided it will work!!! I previously took a number of photos with the mirror function on and off and they all looked the same, but now it does reverse the captured image automatically. I perhaps should add that the main reason I performed a full reset this afternoon was because the phone failed to ring (make a sound) or vibrate on an incoming call, or play a sound when a text message arrived, despite my having selected ring tones etc and turning the volume to full. That’s now sorted itself out as well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me so quickly. Very helpful.

iPhone 12 mirror selfie not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.