📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces AirPods 4 and the world’s first all-in-one hearing health experience with AirPods Pro 2. Learn more >

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Airpods be tracked with serial number?

Aipods Pro were stolen. I am trying to track where they currently are. If they have been turned off and then turned back on again can they be tracked? Can Apple track them down if I have the serial number?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 3:51 PM

Hello,

If your AirPods are out of Bluetooth range, out of charge, or in the case with the cover closed, Find My won't give a current location. You just have to find them manually by looking for them. However, Find My may list the most recent location where they were last connected.

See this for more detail:

If your AirPods are lost

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2020 3:51 PM in response to younger622

Hello,

If your AirPods are out of Bluetooth range, out of charge, or in the case with the cover closed, Find My won't give a current location. You just have to find them manually by looking for them. However, Find My may list the most recent location where they were last connected.

See this for more detail:

If your AirPods are lost

Good luck.

Can Airpods be tracked with serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.