Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox, , Sling, Hulu & Spectrum Apps for iPad 3 with IOS version 9.3.5 (13G36)

I recently had to reset my iPad and am now unable to re-install the Firefox, Sling, Hulu & Spectrum Apps. When i attempt to re-install these apps, i receive a message that indicates that these Apps are not compatible with the version of IOS on my iPad. These Apps were working fine prior to the time that i reset the iPad. I am unable to locate any backups from which to restore the older versions that I need of these Apps. Note that I was able to restore from my "purchased" items in the iTunes store the needed, older, versions many of my other Apps.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 8:32 PM

Michel,

Thank you for the quick response. I know that I committed an error in not creating a backup of data and Apps prior to resetting the iPad 3. The iPad 3 is still very usable with the Apps that I was able to install or restore from iTunes, however, I purchased an iPad 8 today. to allow acessto all of the Apps for which access is needed. I was hoping that there was some way for me to access older versions of the 4 Apps that I had previously installed, as mentioned in my initial post.

AreCF

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 8:32 PM in response to MichelPM

Michel,

Thank you for the quick response. I know that I committed an error in not creating a backup of data and Apps prior to resetting the iPad 3. The iPad 3 is still very usable with the Apps that I was able to install or restore from iTunes, however, I purchased an iPad 8 today. to allow acessto all of the Apps for which access is needed. I was hoping that there was some way for me to access older versions of the 4 Apps that I had previously installed, as mentioned in my initial post.

AreCF

Dec 14, 2020 5:28 PM in response to AreCF

Nope.

Your nearly 9-year old, iPad 3rd gen model is too old, now.

Apple ended support for 8-10 year old iPads, at least, over 3 years, ago..

Virtually, all third party iOS app developers ended/stopped/abandoned supporting these old iPads over two years, ago.

There are virtually, NO MORE older iOS 9 or 10 compatible apps available from the Apple iOS App Store, any longer.

There is absolutely NO WAY to install older apps, any longer

Simply put, your 3rd gen iPad is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Firefox, , Sling, Hulu & Spectrum Apps for iPad 3 with IOS version 9.3.5 (13G36)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.