Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Siri to give me voice directions

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 5:44 PM

Hi Supt12,

We see you'd like to enable Siri's voice for directions. We can help.

"For driving, walking, and cycling routes, you can turn the voice for spoken directions on or off or change its volume in the Maps app . You can also change the audio output device that plays spoken directions, and whether to automatically pause spoken audio, like podcasts and audio books, when directions are spoken.

Turn voice directions on or off or change the volume

Do one of the following:

With turn-by-turn directions showing, tap the route card at the bottom of the screen, tap Audio, then choose an option.

Before you start your next route, go to Settings > Maps > Navigation & Guidance, then choose an option (below Navigation Voice Volume)."

Change audio settings for turn-by-turn directions in Maps on iPhone

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 5:44 PM in response to Supt12

Hi Supt12,

We see you'd like to enable Siri's voice for directions. We can help.

"For driving, walking, and cycling routes, you can turn the voice for spoken directions on or off or change its volume in the Maps app . You can also change the audio output device that plays spoken directions, and whether to automatically pause spoken audio, like podcasts and audio books, when directions are spoken.

Turn voice directions on or off or change the volume

Do one of the following:

With turn-by-turn directions showing, tap the route card at the bottom of the screen, tap Audio, then choose an option.

Before you start your next route, go to Settings > Maps > Navigation & Guidance, then choose an option (below Navigation Voice Volume)."

Change audio settings for turn-by-turn directions in Maps on iPhone

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.