Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness Not Connecting to Apple Watch on Apple TV

I have updated our Apple TV 4K, iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular to the latest OSs.

Fitness+ on the Fitness app on the iPhone connects perfectly to my Apple Watch.

Fitness+ on the Fitness app on the Apple TV asks who's working out. I select me, it asks to confirm on my Apple Watch. The Fitness app on the Watch asks me to connect to Apple TV with a Connect button. I press that and ...

Pairing Cancelled

OK

Immediately.

Not happy...

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:16 PM

I was able to solve this issue by going into my Apple TV settings There is one new thing there with a big red circle saying my attention was needed. When I went in it directed me to pair my phone with the Apple TV. As soon as I did this Apple Fitness paired with my watch and I then got to do a 40 minute HIIT Workout! YaY me!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 5:16 PM in response to Ronnie_K

I was able to solve this issue by going into my Apple TV settings There is one new thing there with a big red circle saying my attention was needed. When I went in it directed me to pair my phone with the Apple TV. As soon as I did this Apple Fitness paired with my watch and I then got to do a 40 minute HIIT Workout! YaY me!

Dec 14, 2020 9:26 PM in response to Richard Morris

I had this issue too. I created a support case with Apple, and they did not have an answer either. However, after much troubleshooting, I have appeared to resolve my issue. The "Home" Setup on the Apple TV was never completed. Once I did this, it started working 100% of the time.

On the Apple TV go to Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit. I selected the Room to change the Name, and then it paired my phone with the Apple TV, setting up "My Home".

Go back to the Fitness App and it should pair.

Fitness Not Connecting to Apple Watch on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.