Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen Screen

I tried shutting my phone (iPhone 11) down and now it’s stuck showing me “slide to power off.” I’ve tried sliding and pressing cancel and neither will work. All I can do is slide down from the corner to show the WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. but none of those buttons take me anywhere.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:58 PM

Hello angelinerann18,

I understand you're having an issue on your iPhone 11 involving the "Slide to Power Off" function. I'll try to do the best I can to help you.

I would recommend running a force-restart on your iPhone. None of your data will be lost during this procedure. To do so, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

If you need more information, read this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

This should solve the problem. If you have any other issues, feel free to ask about them!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 12:58 PM in response to angelinerann18

Hello angelinerann18,

I understand you're having an issue on your iPhone 11 involving the "Slide to Power Off" function. I'll try to do the best I can to help you.

I would recommend running a force-restart on your iPhone. None of your data will be lost during this procedure. To do so, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

If you need more information, read this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

This should solve the problem. If you have any other issues, feel free to ask about them!

Dec 14, 2020 12:57 PM in response to angelinerann18

Do a forced restart instead. Take off the case and in this order press and quickly release the Volume Up button > press and quickly release the Volume Down button > press and hold the Side/Power button and do not let go until you see the Apple logo (even if you see the slide to power off screen don't let go and keep holding until the Apple logo appears.)

Frozen Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.