Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone will not power off ,I pressed two buttons and still is not working

Phone won’t power off Pressed two buttons not working

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 6:52 PM

try this to do a normal power off and back on

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Should also be able to go to Settings > General > Shutdown

to do a force restart

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 6s or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 6:52 PM in response to mb261

try this to do a normal power off and back on

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Should also be able to go to Settings > General > Shutdown

to do a force restart

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 6s or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

My phone will not power off ,I pressed two buttons and still is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.