Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Margins to narrow on address label

I am printing Avery 8160 labels. But the print smears on the left 3 letters. I need to move the left margin. How to do that??? I'm using Big Sur V 11.1 on a iMac, retina 4K, 21.5 inch, later 2015.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:48 PM

You can move the Document margins in the Document Inspector. To open the Inspector, click the Document button beside the Format brush above and to the right of your document window.

You can also adjust margins in the horizontal Ruler (View menu > Show Rulers).

Select the lines for which you want to move the margin, then drag the Left margin Stop (downward pointing triangle at the left end of the ruler) to the right, and drop it where it needs to be. The rectangle sitting atop the stop is the First line left margin stop, used to indent the first line of a paragraph or to create a hanging indent for that line. Make sure you keep it exactly aligned with the top of the triangle,

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 11:48 PM in response to JR Hendel

You can move the Document margins in the Document Inspector. To open the Inspector, click the Document button beside the Format brush above and to the right of your document window.

You can also adjust margins in the horizontal Ruler (View menu > Show Rulers).

Select the lines for which you want to move the margin, then drag the Left margin Stop (downward pointing triangle at the left end of the ruler) to the right, and drop it where it needs to be. The rectangle sitting atop the stop is the First line left margin stop, used to indent the first line of a paragraph or to create a hanging indent for that line. Make sure you keep it exactly aligned with the top of the triangle,

Regards,

Barry

Margins to narrow on address label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.