Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magsafe Charger

I have an iPhone 12 pro. The magSafe charger works with that right? AND do I have to remove my case to charge it?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:49 AM

See the following from How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models - Apple Support

• Your MagSafe Charger is designed for faster and most efficient charging with iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and Apple MagSafe accessories.

and

• Don't place credit cards, security badges, passports, or key fobs between your iPhone and MagSafe Charger, because this might damage magnetic strips or RFID chips in those items. 
  • If you have a case that holds any of these sensitive items, remove them before charging or make sure that they aren’t between the back of your device and the charger.

and

• If you keep your iPhone in a leather case while charging with your MagSafe Charger, the case might show circular imprints from compression of the leather. This is normal, but if you’re concerned about this, we suggest using a non-leather case. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 11:49 AM in response to Pattyann127

See the following from How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models - Apple Support

• Your MagSafe Charger is designed for faster and most efficient charging with iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and Apple MagSafe accessories.

and

• Don't place credit cards, security badges, passports, or key fobs between your iPhone and MagSafe Charger, because this might damage magnetic strips or RFID chips in those items. 
  • If you have a case that holds any of these sensitive items, remove them before charging or make sure that they aren’t between the back of your device and the charger.

and

• If you keep your iPhone in a leather case while charging with your MagSafe Charger, the case might show circular imprints from compression of the leather. This is normal, but if you’re concerned about this, we suggest using a non-leather case. 

magsafe Charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.