Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro running slow

I just installed a Safari software update and now my computer is running very slow and I'm having trouble opening programs. I tried Force Quit and also shut the computer down, but still have a problem. The revolving beachball keeps showing up too. Hope someone can help!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 8:06 PM

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

Run Disk Utilty First Aid. Even if First Aid reports everything is "Ok" click on "Show Details" to see if there are any unfixed errors listed. If there are unfixed errors, then the whole drive needs to be erased and the system restored from a backup or clone.

To look for software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 8:06 PM in response to B.Topaz.B

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

Run Disk Utilty First Aid. Even if First Aid reports everything is "Ok" click on "Show Details" to see if there are any unfixed errors listed. If there are unfixed errors, then the whole drive needs to be erased and the system restored from a backup or clone.

To look for software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

MacBook Pro running slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.