Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari update 14.0.2 issues fixation

Does this version fixes the issue of files uploading realized since last version 14.0.1 ?

I had installed Safari 14.0.2 , but issue persists

if this problem solving was not part of 14.0.2 target , what would be the road map of resolution rather than new system installation ?

Regards,

Mohamed

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 8:23 AM

Hi SteveJobsWouldBeSad2, it'll be probably so but the strange on upload actions is a script problem probably due to security.

In my case the problems occurs with Safari 14.0.1 on Safari Mojave

In deep it's strange that uploading a file via drag&drop it works fine. So I suppose the problem is into action catched management.

So I hope into a sudden resolution by Apple.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 8:23 AM in response to Jaglorierarers

Hi SteveJobsWouldBeSad2, it'll be probably so but the strange on upload actions is a script problem probably due to security.

In my case the problems occurs with Safari 14.0.1 on Safari Mojave

In deep it's strange that uploading a file via drag&drop it works fine. So I suppose the problem is into action catched management.

So I hope into a sudden resolution by Apple.

Dec 23, 2020 5:56 PM in response to marcod_o

Apple literally just released Safari 14.0.2 for Mojave and guess what? FILE UPLOAD IS STILL BROKEN. MacRumors' functionality works, which is weird, but any other site that has a normal "choose file" button doesn't work:

See on https://ps.uci.edu/~franklin/doc/file_upload.html or https://viljamis.com/filetest/ (websites you can test basic browser file upload capabilities).

Apple, more like Crapple. Steve Jobs would be sad. I've spammed Apple's feedback submission form with literally hundreds of complaints using an automated script and nothing has come of that, so.....

Jan 16, 2021 7:02 AM in response to MohamedAzizMaarek

Definitely not fixed in 14.0.2.

The most frustrating part is that it doesn’t even bother to throw a javascript error or anything else to help a developer know what to change or fix. It just does nothing. I suspect it’s something to do with security and not letting scripts select files or something but since the failure is silent I can’t even experiment to figure out how to fix my own web apps.

Safari update 14.0.2 issues fixation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.